Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE Desktop Edition Installation + Guest Additions on Oracle VirtualBox 
This video tutorial shows Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE Desktop Edition installation on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE Edition on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE for better performance and usability features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
1- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
2- Start Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE Desktop Edition Installation
3- Install LightDM Display Manager
4- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Kali Linux MATE
5- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
Kali Linux 2017.2 New Features and Improvements
Kali Linux is a Debian-based distribution with a collection of security and forensics tools. Kali Linux 2017.2 is a roll-up of all updates and fixes since our 2017.1 release in April. In addition to all of the standard security and package updates that come via Debian Testing, more than a dozen new tools were also added to the repositories, a few of which are listed below. There are some really nice additions so we encourage you to “apt install” the ones that pique your interest and check them out.
– Hurl – a useful little hexadecimal and URL encoder/decoder
– Phishery – phishery lets you inject SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URLs into a .docx Word document
– Ssh-Audit – an SSH server auditor that checks for encryption types, banners, compression, and more
– Apt2 – an Automated Penetration Testing Toolkit that runs its own scans or imports results from various scanners, and takes action on them
– DBeaver – powerful GUI database manager that supports the most popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, and many more
– Brutespray – automatically attempts default credentials on discovered services
– Kali Linux 2017.2 also includes numerous package updates, including jd-gui, dnsenum, edb-debugger, wpscan, watobo, burpsuite, and many others
Kali Linux Website:
Download Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE ISO:
Kali Linux 2017.2 Minimum System Requirements
– A minimum of 20 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install
– RAM for i386 and amd64 architectures, minimum: 1GB, recommended: 2GB or more
– CD-DVD Drive/USB boot support
What is MATE Desktop?
The MATE Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. MATE is under active development to add support for new technologies while preserving a traditional desktop experience.
MATE Desktop Website:
Hope you found it informative and useful. Any questions or comments are welcomed.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL
Linux Video Tutorials:
Kali Linux 2017.2 MATE Installation on VirtualBox Video:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Trải nghiệm mới hay ho với hướng dẫn cài Mac Os trên vmware
- Bật mí cách cài đặt ssl miễn phí lên Let’s Encrypt
- Tuyệt chiêu tạo usb boot kali linux đơn giản dành cho bạn
- Hướng dẫn chi tiết từ A – Z các bước cài đặt Python trên Windows 10
- Bật mí quy trình cài đặt Kali Linux trên Vmware đúng chuẩn và chi tiết